Orphanages often ask children to leave at 18 - but where do they go?
Often orphanages have an age limit of 18 and these under prepared young people are left to fend for themselves. Often exploitation is awaiting them as they have no family network to draw on. The House of Progress Project has been initiated by Awareness Cambodia as a pathway for our children at Sunshine House to prepare for adulthood in a caring and protected environment.
HOP provides accommodation for our young adults as they transition from Sunshine House into the community or continue their high school education. House of Progress is only about a 15 minute ride from Sunshine House and the children visit regularly nurturing their relationship with their siblings and Khmer mentors.
As many of our older children had never been to school till joining Sunshine House they still have a substantial amount of their secondary education remaining. House of Progress (HOP) aims to meet the important need of their continued education, life-skills training and preparation for future employment.
The truth is Awareness Cambodia is the only family most will ever know and the journey is long for our children who start at Sunshine House and move to House of Progress. Many years are sown into keeping them protected, sheltered and empowered till adulthood. We at Awareness Cambodia have mercy in our hearts but we need your finances in our hands, please join with us in this vital cause.
Aims of House of Progress:
- A transition for young adults into the community where they are encouraged to take on ownership and responsibility for the facilities.
- Improved and continuing secondary education.
- Proficiency in English.
- Opportunity to explore tertiary education.
- Opportunity to explore skills training.
- Coaching in life skills necessary to ensure effective operation in the Cambodian community.
- Increased Cambodian young adult involvement in leadership and business management at Awareness Cambodia - Cambodia as well as other businesses and organisations in the surrounding community.
How to get involved:
- We need child sponsors - To sponsor a child click here to view our donations page or for more info email
- Become apart of our monthly partners program -
for more information.
- Donate once off - For the donations page click here.
- Become an ambassador and speak at schools & groups.
- Join our annual maintenance team and spend 2 weeks giving Sunshine House / House of Progress an extreme "makeover" - More info click here.